“Microresolutions focus on doing, not being.”
Microresolutions override unconscious behavior.
1. “A microresolution is easy.” It’s such a small change in behavior that you can maintain it with ease.
2. “A microresolution is an explicit and measurable action” that you can monitor in real time; it’s not an abstract goal you reach in the distant future.
3. “A microresolution pays off up front.” The reward is immediate.
4. “A microresolution is personal.” Design it specifically for you, based on observations of your daily routine.
5. “A microresolution resonates.” Frame your pledge to be personally meaningful.
6. “A microresolution fires on cue.” Create a solid link between an action and a trigger to establish your new habit.
7. “Make microresolutions just two at a time.” Don’t overwhelm yourself.
Microresolutions can improve your health, money management, work life, as well as personal and professional relationships.